“How to win Olympic Weightlifting Competition is a one of a kind course.
A weightlifting-based course teaches you the technical elements of the lifts and how to coach them.
However, no other courses demonstrate these:
- How the coach should best prepare their athlete(s) for a competition.
- What to do if they are over or underweight
- How to train your athlete 2 weeks prior to a competition
- How to warm up, choose the right weights, and interpret the scoreboard.
This course will transform your ability to not only be able to prepare your athlete in the gym, but also for your athlete on the platform.
- Weightlifting competition rules
- How to prepare a lifter before a competition.
- How to warmup a lifter during a competition.
- How to choose the right weights for the platform and make fast and good decisions.
- Make a plan and programme after the competition.
- How to be a coaching platform.
- Nutrition before the competition. Losing and gaining weight.
- Coach’s job about doping control
- How to read the scoreboard, coaching tactics, and practice with our special software
What you get and the plan for the day:
|09:00||Ice breaking, introduction, why we run this course, questions, why you want to compete|
|10:00||How to run a weightlifting competition. Video/photos and questions|
|11:00||How to prepare lifters before a competition + plan + programme + different type of lifters|
|13:00||Rules, lot numbers, connection between the coach and referees, marshals and the judges|
|13:30||Warm up room, weigh-in, introduction, how to stretch and warm up|
|14:30||How to choose the right weight for your lifter|
|15:15||Nutrition and how to lose and gain weight (Presented by Adam Fedorciow)|
|17:00||Doping control and coach’s job to deal with supplements, any questions in the end|
|18:00||End of the day|
|11:30 to 12||Questions, videos, competition scenario|
|20:00 to 22:00||Practice with software at home ( need a PC)|
|Coffee, tea & refreshments are available|
Stockdove Way, Perivale, Greenford UB6 8TJ